The Planned Giving Council of Eastern Wisconsin (PGC-EW) is a not-for-profit professional association of individuals whose work includes developing, marketing, structuring, and administering major charitable gifts. The PGC-EW is a member council of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners and fosters the professional growth of individuals involved in charitable gift planning or fund development by providing education, networking and other resources.
The PGC-EW currently has around 60 members and we carry out our mission through regular educational offerings, networking events and other gift planning resources.
We seek a part-time contractor (est. 30 – 50 hours/month at $25-$30 per hour) Council Administrator who will serve as the coordinator of all meetings and events, act as administrative consultant to the volunteer Board of Directors, and provide financial administration and other administrative responsibilities as outlined below.
The successful candidate will enjoy working with people and have excellent communication skills. We seek an Administrator who is organized, detail oriented, skilled at multitasking, technologically proficient and who cares about philanthropy in our community. Familiarity with common gift planning vehicles is helpful but not required. This position reports to the Council President.
1. General Management: The Council Administrator will be responsible for overall operations of the Council, including contact with officers and board members and the implementation of policies and procedures. The Administrator will serve as the primary liaison to the members and will monitor and respond to general member inquiries. The Administrator will maintain all council records and assist the council in promoting a positive and professional image. The Administrator will act as an agent of the Council in negotiating contracts.
2. Membership File Management: The Council Administrator will work with the national office to maintain a current electronic database of council membership and member prospects, in accordance with the information requirements of the Council.
3. Financial Management: (Proficiency with QuickBooks or other accounting software is helpful but not required.)
4. Board of Directors:
5. Legal Documents: The Council Administrator will maintain all required council legal documents and contracts.
Membership (25%) - The Council Administrator will:
Program Support (25%)
1. Educational Programs: The Council generally holds 4 program meetings per year. The Council Administrator will:
2. Speakers: The Council Administrator will:
3. Annual Conference: The Council Administrator will:
4. Planned Giving Workshop Series: The Council Administrator will:
Marketing & Social Media (25%)
1. Website: The Council Administrator will keep the website up-to-date and will coordinate with outside vendor(s) on web-based registration for events, such as Constant Contact, as directed.
2, Social Media: The Council Administrator will develop an online social media presence to increase awareness and connectedness between council members. Monitor questions and chats. Generate conversations and develop regular posts to increase member engagement.
Copyright © 2022 Planned Giving Council of Eastern Wisconsin - All Rights Reserved.